We are a self-funding campaign. Our funding comes from ticket sales for our meetings and donations on-line through our PayPal account.
In the past year, hundreds of individuals have funded our campaign with the average donation being £20. We are immensely grateful for this money and your support.
We are also grateful to those of you have made cash donations at our meetings.
Any money we receive will be used for campaigning and organising purposes, such as:
- Design, printing, publicity and distribution of flyers and factsheets
- Travel Expenses for speakers
- Hire of rooms or venues for public meetings
- Hire of security (where necessary) for public meetings
- Hire of audio-visual equipment for recording of events
- Hire of rooms for planning meetings
- Travel expenses for WPUK team members to meet
- Purchase of promotional items (e.g. badges) to be sold at cost or as a fundraiser
- Banners and other promotional items
- Creation of website
- Legal action in line with our aims
- Other campaigning opportunities that arise
If you would like to support our campaign, you can make a donation either by
- using the PayPal button in the sidebar
- paying direct into our bank account
- Bank: NatWest
- Account Name: Woman’s Place UK
- Sort Code: 60-21-12
- Account Number: 52414388
We are in the process of considering how we organise going forward. While we do not have the capacity to be a members’ organisation, we hope to create a structure where supporters can be ‘Friends’ or similar.
We said that we would review our campaign in January 2019 and make a decision about its future.
Although the GRA consultation is closed, the campaign for a good law is not over and we will continue to campaign on our original 5 demands.
At the same time, the GRA debate has exposed the poor state of women’s rights in the UK so we have decided to develop a broader campaign on the foundations we have built.
You can see our New Year Resolutions here
Should the Campaign be closed, we will review any monies left in the account and donate any remainder to another campaign with aims and objectives close to ours or to domestic violence charities.
If you have any queries about our structure and our funding, please contact us
Thanks for your support and encouragement.