Violence against women and sex discrimination still exist. Women need reserved places, separate spaces and distinct services.
WPUK Mythbusters – A response to the IRR and others
There have been several articles and comments published recently, including one by the Institute...
The Political Erasure of Sex
We are delighted to be supporting this important new work by Jane Clare Jones....
Woman’s Place UK is a group of women from a range of backgrounds who are united by our belief that women’s hard-won rights must be defended.
Women face entrenched and endemic structural inequality. This is reflected, for example, in the high levels of sexual harassment and violence against women and girls, the 'gender' pay gap, and discrimination at work.
This is why sex is a protected characteristic in the Equality Act 2010. We believe it must be defended.
Latest from the blog
UNISON, the trade union with a large membership in health, local government and education,...
In Spring 2018 we decided to organise a meeting in Cornwall. As is the...
Our response to misrepresentations of our campaign in the Oxford Mail.
- Evidence of calls to remove single sex exemptions from Equality Act
- Do I have to share my pronouns at work?
- Gender neutral toilets don’t work for women
- Keira Bell: "There was nothing wrong with my body"
- "The process is the punishment": the policing of feminist thought in the workplace
- Looking back: the Women’s Liberation Movement
- Democratic norms trump single issues: a reflection on the US election
- Reflections on WPUK: Making women’s voices count
- Turbulent Times: Ruth Serwotka
- WPUK Mythbusters – A response to the IRR and others
Receive regular news updates and event announcements.